BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

February 2, 2010

'ello world!

So I guess this is an attempt to start blogging again. I know... my blog posts have usually had many months in between each other but that is something I'll try and remedy. So what to blog about? HAHA I'll think of something...

I guess I'll for this first REAL blog post in a very long time I'll reiterate what Worship With My Life is all about. It's pretty clear by the verse Romans 12:1 and by my profile what I'm trying to say. Have we really lived out this verse though? When taking this verse into mind I'm sure at times my "life song" has been a bit off key if not down right out of tune at times!

I love what verse 2 says as well: "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
Don't fit in so easily to your culture... Change what you think is normal... by changing the way you think... so we can know what God wants from us... because what He wants from us is GOOD, ACCEPTABLE and PERFECT! That last part reminds me of how some people are almost afraid to truly pray, "God, YOUR will be done NOT mine..." But God's will is awesome and more perfect than what we can imagine.

Sadly, I see many Christians who fit way too easily into the worldly culture around them. From the music in their iPod's; to the movies they LOVE; to the way they talk and dress... But what does 2 Corinthians 6:17 say again? "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN ; And I will welcome you.


Soli Deo Gloria!

4 comments:

jessica sears said...

So good. :) I put you on my blogroll!!

Daniel Hopkins said...

Thanks!

Joy@WDDCH said...

HOLY YELLOW TEXT BATMAN!!!

Love ya! Thinking about and praying for your music ministry!

Daniel Hopkins said...

that's all you can say Joy? haha