BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

May 28, 2008

11 Days

That's how long it will be until I become Pastor Daniel Hopkins. Even though I've been doing work of a Pastor for about 2-3 years and have been working (I start counting from the time I got a paycheck) at my church for 9 years I'm finding myself a little nervous. No I don't think much is going to change except little things here and there. But at the same time I know being a Pastor is a big responsibility. I was praying one day and feeling really down and upset. I was really feeling like I was the most unqualified person to be a Pastor. I felt like I heard God say, "But I called you." and my response to Him was, "I'm not unqualified!" Then I heard Him say, "Was Peter qualified when I called him? Was Paul?" I knew what God was trying to tell me.

In Philippians 4:13 it says, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." And in 2 Corinthians 12:9 it states, "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for [My] power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." And in 1 Corinthians 2:1-3 it says, "1 When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling." (NIV) And this is coming from Paul!

You see God doesn't need the smartest theological brain out there to do His work. All God needs is a willing God-fearing man (or woman) to open up his heart and say, "Lord, here I am! Send me!"

4 comments:

Daniel Hopkins said...

It's kind of funny. After reading my own post, I may just teach on this coming up @ youth...

Joy said...

Daniel, God always used the less likely person you'd expect in situations. Some people had speech impediments, others had a fear of public speaking, and others were just children!!!

You are qualified because HE has qualified you.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Daniel- I am so proud of you! I knew when we were growing up that God called you for a special purpose! I can't wait to see where this next step takes you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to encourage you by saying that God does not call the qualified. He qualifies the called. And He will always use those who are willing and unqualified before He will use those who are qualified but unwilling.