BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Church Revival

Well tonight I'm going to see Indiana Jones! I'm so pumped! I've loved Indiana Jones ever since that first face melted into a pile of goo! I just hope this one is WAY better than the second one, The Temple of Doom. Now I know that a lot of people loved that one but from the annoying actress to the little kid that was a... taxi driver, it was just far too "campy" for me.

Now I should really make a new post about this next subject but I really don't feel like it. What's up with the church?!?!? I'm reading this book (The Fire of God's Presence) and take about convection! As I've said, the book is about a revival that happened in the Hebrides islands in the late 1940's. You know how it started? Six men and one Pastor! These men looked at their city and saw the lost people and their hearts broke. They made a decision to get together and pray three times a week in a small barn. Many night's these prayer meetings would last until 3 or 4 in the morning! Wow! Most Christians today won't even come to a prayer meeting that is scheduled for an hour let alone four or five hours. These seven men humbled themselves for many hours, days and months! And then one night revival came suddenly! No planned meeting. No organized event. No revival service. Just pure prayer. Wow!

This really makes me wonder where the churches priorities have gone... we have event after event. Service after service. But when it comes to prayer... we simply don't have the time to do such a "little" thing. Whatever... It's time to kneel down, humble ourselves and pray for God to heal our land. "[If] My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I wish I could go see it with you "guys" tonight. I loved the indiana jones movie. I'm with you on the second one. It sucked...

Amen and Amen to what your wrote on revival. I have to go deal with my strong-willed child now:(

Joy said...

Hallelujah, babe! Looking at the basics of the Bible, PRAYER is what works. Prayer, talking to God, tugging on His ear.

So now you just need to find six other like-minded MEN of God, hon.