BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

May 20, 2008

Three... Red... Lights...

Well this evening started out like a normal Monday night... Watched Bones... Watched House... Then my wife logged onto the cpu as she usally does and I proceded to pick up my X-Box 360 contorller ready to lose myself in some mindless 3D adventure. As I turned on my 360 I gazed in horror as I saw three... red... lights! And they were flashing! Oh no! Could this be (dum, dum duuuum!) The Red Ring of Death!?! Yes, yes it's true. My X-Box 360 is now dead and only good as a paperweight.
I thought to myself, "What now?" What did humans do before the 360? No doubt the world was a dark place full of terrible crimes caused from pure boredom. A place where women actually had to be around their husbands! A place where husbands had to just "spend time" with their wives! A place where people would read books for enjoyment! THE DARK AGES!!!
Just kidding. This is, I think, a good thing. For the next month I'll have time to read, relax, and spend time with those I love (not that I didn't already do that). But one question does come up in my mind... When my wife is mad at me, what's she going to say now that she can't say, "You're always playing video games!" hmmm? What indeed...

7 comments:

Joy said...

I am laughing so hard (and I'm in a cranky mood)!!! You are gifted, Daniel... Very gifted with your words!

The Wife

Mazzy said...

HAHA!
This happened to my husband just a few weeks ago!!!
He called Sony and they told him to send it in. Even though we didn't buy a warranty or anything, apparantly the "ring of death" is covered under a 3 year manufacturer's warranty!! Just yesterday, his new (fixed) x-box arrived! I think he peed his pants a little.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard! Love the new blog:) Do they fix it for free? How come that happened?

The Sister:)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of the "ring of death" before. If I knew Travis wouldn't play on his again, I would give you his! But I have an inkling he's gonna play it again once he comes home. I hope you can send it in to be fixed. Don't tell Joy I said that!
P.S. Welcome to Bloggy World!

Joy said...

Ha ha ha ha! Oh yes, Jewels, they will fix it... for FREE. No shipping either. Yeah, that's okay... He's bought me games on XBOX LIVE.

PLUS he gets one month of LIVE for free because his died.

Ris said...

LOL- (ok, sorry, I am quite sure it wasn't funny at the time) Hope they get it back to you quickly! We just got our new Wii yesterday, and man is that sucker interactive. I am trying to find the setting where you can just sit on the couch and play lazily...the way video games were intended!

Joy said...

You know, hon, we do have our SuperNES upstairs... we could bring it down and go retro! Super Marios Bros and Zombies Ate My Neighbors... let's go to Vintage Stock sometime soon! Maybe we can find Stargate there too!!!